COVID – 19 Coronavirus
In this post we will share information, protocols and the measures that have been taken to ensure the safety of our community.
In light of recommendations from the Ministry of Health and the decree issued by the Porto Alegre city government, which provides for the suspension of face-to-face classes until April 12, we have adopted a system for distance learning.
As of March 19, PAS POA began its Distance Learning Program. During this period, students will be responsible for conducting their projects and activities at home. This is not a vacation period, as the planning of the distance classes follows the school calendar and regular curriculum.
This distance learning experience remains aligned with PAS POA’s education philosophy. Our students will continue to be encouraged to make choices about how they will achieve established learning goals and to solve problems. The International Baccalaureate (IB) philosophy and fundamentals will continue to guide learning and experiences throughout this period.
In order to help families in this new distance learning experience, we have separated some tips to help students in this moment:
- Dedicate a space for learning
- Keep snack breaks and recess
- Allow for interaction with friends via video call
- Mix moments of using screens with other learning media
- Keep in touch with other parents and exchange ideas
- Remember to make time for fun!
Health Recommendations and Information
- Wash your hands frequently, for at least 20 seconds (this may be better than alcohol gel) and avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, mouth).
- No handshakes or kisses. Use your elbow for greeting.
- Practice social distancing - distance of at least 1 meter and groups of a maximum of 10 people.
- When sneezing and / or coughing, cover your mouth with your elbow or use tissue paper and discard it when you are finished.
- Masks should be used by medical professionals or those with symptoms.
- Get lots of rest
- Avoid contact with people that are coughing and sneezing.
- When you arrive home, place your clothes in the washing machine and take a bath.
- Avoid closed spaces. Keep your windows and doors open, even if the air conditioning is on.
- Keep a stock of essential medications.
- Self-care: go to the park for a walk, ride your bike, just take care of yourself!
- Ask for help when necessary.
Ministry of Health https://coronavirus.saude.gov.br/
World Health Organization https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
We will continue to provide a world-class education for all of our students! Information specific to parents can be found on our community communication platform, Bloomz.