Message from the Superintendent
We have been providing excellent personal and educational opportunities to our students since 1966. Fully accredited by Cognia (formerly AdvancED) in the United States and an authorized IB World School delivering the Primary Years Program (PYP) and the Middle Years Program (MYP), we offer progressive academic programs that focus on inquiry-based learning that prepare our students for their current and future success. Additionally, we also offer a full array of Advanced Placement (AP) courses as well as the AP Capstone Diploma in the high school section.
PAS POA is a private, not-for-profit, bilingual, multicultural, P3-12th grade co-educational, secular school of approximately 450 students. It is governed by a Board of Directors composed of seven members. The administrative leadership team consists of the superintendent, a primary school principal and assistant principal, a secondary school principal and assistant principal, a director of Brazilian programs and a director of business and finance.
We strive for excellence in everything we do and work to continually develop our international identity by being active members of various educational groups such as the Council of International Schools (CIS), the Association of American Schools in South America (AASSA), and the Association of American Schools in Brazil (AASB) to name a few. These organizations offer support to member schools by providing ongoing professional development, assisting with faculty recruitment, and providing a network for similarly minded schools. They also serve as a recognition of our excellent programs. Council of Inter
national Schools (CIS), Association of American Schools in South America (AASSA) e a Association of American Schools in Brazil (AASB), por exemplo. Essas organizações oferecem apoio às escolas membros, fornecendo desenvolvimento profissional contínuo, auxiliando no recrutamento de professores e disponibilizando uma rede para escolas com os mesmos propósitos. Eles também representam o reconhecimento pelos nossos excelentes programas.
Approximately 80% of our students are Brazilian with the remaining 20% coming from more than 10 distinct countries. The teaching staff is fully-certified in their teaching area(s) and come from three continents and six countries, 60% from Brazil and 30% from abroad. As a result, our school has become a veritable multi-cultural center in southern Brazil.
PAS POA recognizes the uniqueness of each individual taking into account his/her learning styles, needs, and interests. Smaller classroom sizes allow for a personalized approach to learning. All preschool and elementary grades have teaching assistants to help provide for differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all of our students. We have a 5:1 student to teacher ratio with multiple support staff positions including section counselors, instructional coaches learning support teachers, amongst others. We provide support to both our students and faculty to best assure a positive result for everyone.
Our robust AP and IB programs allow our students to investigate subjects of high interest to them while maintaining rigorous content and focusing on developing global-minded citizens who are empowered to create a better world.
Através de um compromisso compartilhado e um planejamento cuidadoso, com um forte sistema
de prestação de contas, somos capazes de criar um programa educacional ainda mais robusto que desafia todos os nossos alunos a alcançar seu potencial máximo.
PAS POA is constantly studying and reinventing our practices to better meet the needs of today's learners. We strive to realize this by preparing our students to solve real-world problems, work in teams, and utilize technologies that are a part of their daily lives. We offer a wide variety of extracurricular and co-curricular activities to enrich students' personal growth and complement our academic programs. Through active involvement in athletic and artistic events, students have the possibility of applying critical thinking and problem-solving skills while participating in authentic collaboration and communication projects.
Os esforços coletivos e a dedicação de toda a comunidade da PAS POA têm resultado em um propósito renovado, no otimismo e no compromisso de criar e expandir um ambiente de aprendizado diferenciado que permite
aos nossos alunos acompanhar as mudanças e realizar seus sonhos. A PAS POA está unida para oferecer um programa acadêmico consistente, bem-estar geral, oportunidades artísticas e musicais para nossos alunos desenvolver o caráter, habilidades e hábitos necessários para obter sucesso hoje e no futuro.
We welcome you to explore our dynamic programs and learn more about our school and how we develop outstanding educational opportunities for everyone.
Jeffrey Michael Jurkovac. Ed.